A summary of an organizations assets (what it owns), liabilities (debts it owes) and equity (net worth) at a point in time. Assets are listed on the left-hand side liabilities and equities are listed on the right-hand side.
- A higher than normal final payment for a loan in return for lower regular repayments.
- A legal status of a person or corporation that cannot repay the debts it owes. In most jurisdictions, bankruptcy is imposed by a court.
- A person who receives a gift. The person(s) you name to receive your estate assets at your death.
- The act of giving or leaving personal property by a will.
- A written promise made by governments and companies to repay any money borrowed, with interest, on a certain date in the future.
- A plan of spending over a certain length of time, based on how much income a person(s) or organization anticipates having.
- An organization's internal operating rules. (The bylaws of each local Church of the Nazarene is the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene.)