Improper, illegal, or negligent professional activity or treatment, by someone considered a professional (physician, lawyer, public official, minister, counselor).
- The money of individual investors. The combined capital invested by a professional fund manager, in some cases being applied across a range of asset classes such as stocks, bonds, property, or infrastructure assets.
- The value of a company when the number of its issued ordinary shares is multiplied by their market price.
- A settlement of a dispute or controversy by setting up an independent person between two contending parties in order to aid them in the settlement of their disagreement.
- The lowest amount that a credit card company will allow a person to repay each month to clear their debt.
- Any "lesser" criminal act in the legal systems generally crimes inferior to (less than) a felony.
- A loan to buy buildings and property and if it is not paid back, the lending agency can take over the property.
- An insurance policy to ensure that the mortgage will be paid off in full if a person dies.